The Bards Tale Full PC Game
|Official Name||The Bard's Tale|
|Developer (s)||inXile Entertainment|
|Publisher (s)||Vivendi Universal Games|
|Designer (s)||Brian Fargo, Matthew Findley|
|Composer (s)||Clint Bajakian, Michael Land|
|Platform (s)||Windows, PC|
|Release date (s)||2005|
|Genre (s)||Action adventure|
The Bards Tale Full PC Game Overview
The Bards Tale Download Free Full Game is an action role-playing game created by inXile Entertainment, and published by Vivendi Universal Games in 2004. Vivendi marketed the game as a humorous spoof of fantasy role-playing video games. It is neither a remake nor a sequel to Interplay Productions' Tales of the Unknown, Volume I: The Bard's Tale (1985).
The Bard's Tale was released for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox in October 2004. It was released for Microsoft Windows on July 28, 2005. The game was re-released on Steam in December 2009. A universal iOS version was released in December 2011 for iPhone and iPad. Versions for Blackberry Playbook and Android were released in September 2012. In June 2013, the game was also ported to Ouya with full controller support.
The plot involves "a sardonic and opportunistic musician and adventurer, driven by carnal rather than noble pursuits. The Bard, who is never identified by a specific name nor addressed by anything other than «The Bard,» is not interested in saving the world; his humble motivations are strictly «coin and cleavage.» His quest is narrated by a mocking, biased man (played by Tony Jay) who cannot stand him. The Bards Tale Free Download.
The Bard (voiced by Cary Elwes) ends up being recruited by a cult to help free a princess named Caleigh. As a result of this, the Bard finds himself being attacked by an assortment of fanatics from a Druid-like cult, sent to dispatch him by a being called Fionnaoch. (Many of the names and characters are influenced by Celtic mythology and the stories of the Orkney Islands.) On the way to complete his quest, the not so valiant anti-hero will have to overcome the truly terrifying challenges of three monstrous guardians, break-dancing corpses, spontaneously melodious goblins and a giant, and a fire-breathing rat.
Eventually, it is revealed that the Bard is just another in a long line of «Chosen Ones,» many of whom he finds dead along his path. Caleigh is revealed to actually be a demon tempting people to come free her for years on the assumption that eventually someone would succeed. If the Bard frees Caleigh, she gives him all his heart's desires while destroying the world. If he slays Caleigh, The Bard returns to the road in search of the next bar maid. Alternatively, he can refuse to fight either the Druid Leader or Caleigh, allowing the undead to overrun the world, a situation he is content with as they make good bar buddies.
Completely unlike the classic Bard's Tale games, this game is in a 3D environment with the player watching his only controllable character from an overhead vantage point, and it is better described as an action-adventure game than a traditional role-playing video game (i.e. there are no character classes or inventory management).
The player's character, The Bard, has magic and weaponry at his disposal to complete the task. The more the player accomplishes, the better his skills will become. The appearance and gameplay is much the same as the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance series, which shares the same graphics engine.
The game uses a «snarky or nice» system of dialog that allows the player to change the outcome of many situations by deciding how they want to respond. Some choices, such as being snarky to the dog at the beginning of the game, have game-lasting consequences. The first decision is whether to be nice or snarky to the barmaid in The Drunken Rat. Being nice to her gives her the impression the Bard's a gentleman and she leaves him alone, being snarky ensures the Bard doesn't spend the night alone. The Bards Tale Free Download PC Game.
The game also contains several song numbers, including:
- Beer, Beer, Beer — sung by drunks in The Drunken Rat
- The Tale of the Nuckelavee — sung by a band of drunks in The Aiken Drum, lamenting the unleashing of the Nuckelavee (which, unbeknownst to the band, was set loose by The Bard)
- It's Bad Luck to Be You (The Chosen One) — a recurring song by the Trow Trio, with differing lyrics each time
Most of the names for places are actual locations in the Orkney Islands, including Kirkwall, Dounby, Finstown, Houton, and Stromness. Some optional areas are places in Ireland, including Dún Ailinne, Ardagh, Carrowmore, Emain Macha, and Tara.
The otherwise nameless protagonist of the game, The Bard is a selfish rogue who will only undertake a quest if there is a likely profit in it for himself.
- Brute — throws boulders at enemies, momentarily stunning them
- Enchantress — can resurrect the Bard in the event that his Hit Points run out
- Knight — can use his shield to stun enemies and has high defense due to his armour
- Mercenary — swings haphazardly at enemies with an axe
- Rogue — draws foes to her then speeds behind them and stabs with daggers
- Crone — periodically restores the Hit Points of the Bard and his allies
- Heroine — shoots at enemies with a rapid-fire crossbow
- Knocker — electrocutes enemies with lightning rods
- Light Fairy — lights up dark areas, and can stun enemies in battle with flashes of light
- Explorer — can disable traps (at the cost of fewer Hit Points than if the Bard were to get caught in them). Can also pick up treasures and uncover secret passage ways
- Bodyguard — draws ranged attacks to himself
- Behemoth — charges into foes causing an explosive inferno
- Elemental — a burning creature that hurls fire balls at enemies and can be used to melt walls of ice
- Gouger — transfers the Hit Points of enemies to the Bard and his allies
- (Vorpal) Rat — a rat that can be used to scare women (and a Viking in Finstown) by doing so the bard can get a small bit of coin
- Thunder Spider — a small spider made of lightning, that discharges continuous streams of electricity into enemies stunning them
The ever-present commentator of the game, The Narrator provides sarcastic observations throughout the game, mostly about The Bard's self-interested character. The Bard frequently breaks the fourth wall by addressing the narrator directly.
A beautiful, rich princess who is being held captive by Fionnaoch. Caleigh is eventually in the last chapter found to be the queen of the underworld, apparently displaying a false image to the bard during previous contacts with him. In the end the bard gets to choose between becoming her betrothed and letting the world burn, killing her once and for all, or just leaving the tower with her and Fionnaoch just standing there. The Bards Tale Download Torrent.
The Bards Tale Free Download PC Game
Click on below button to start The Bards Tale Download Free PC Game. It is a Full Version PC Game. Just download torrent and start playing it.