People's General Full PC Game
|Official Name||People's General|
|Developer (s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Publisher (s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Designer (s)||Paul Murray (lead programmer)|
|Platform (s)||PC, Windows|
|Release date (s)||August 31, 1998|
|Genre (s)||Turn based strategy|
|Mode (s)||single-player, multiplayer|
People's General Full PC Game Overview
People's General Download Free Full Game (a.k.a.Dynasty General) is aturn-based strategycomputer gamedeveloped by Strategic Simulations, Inc (SSI). It was released in August 1998 in North America and in September 1998 in Europe. The game originally focused on early 21st century warfare in Asia but both the time-frame and geographic coverage have been expanded by gamers.
People's General, or PeGas it is commonly known, followed SSI's successful5 Star General Series ofWorld War II war games (Panzer General, Allied General, Pacific General) and their sequel, Panzer General II (PG2). It uses the same game dynamics as these earlier games—turn-based movement & fighting with military units on a hex based map.
PeG uses substantially the same «Living Battlefield» game engine asPG2 but features higher quality (16 bit) graphics and many new features. People's General Free Download.
People's General focuses on modern conflict in Asia between 20 countries, principally the USA, China and Russia.
In the original game the countries are organized into an Eastern Alliance and a Western Alliance. China, Mongolia and North Koreacomprise the Eastern Alliance. The USA, Russia, 13 other countries and the United Nations comprise the Western Alliance. Vietnam is included as an un-allied country.
Gamer created campaigns and scenarios have expanded this premise to include different regions of conflict, different alliances and other countries.
The original campaigns and scenarios expanded on this premise with a more detailedbackground storyprovided by SSI via an introductory video. The video narrated hypothetical «future» events occurring from 2000—2004, i.e., after publication of the game and before the start of the campaigns and scenarios. People's General Free Download PC Game.
According to this video, both the USA and Russia reduce their military spendings. Russia is in turmoil from food shortages and other internal conflicts. China grows stronger militarily. After invading Taiwan it initiates a plan to dominate all of Asia from Sakhalin Islandsand Vladivostok in the east to Volgograd and Kazakhstan in the west; from Siberia in the north to Southeast Asia and Singapore in the south. China justifies this as «reclaiming traditional Chinese territories».
The USA sends its 7th Fleet to the Taiwan Straits to force China to withdraw. Chinese air attacks sink 7th Fleet's flagship USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72), claiming it was in Chinese waters. United States denounces this as an unprovoked attack and declares war on China. The US is joined by the United Nations and most of its members.
Many campaigns and scenarios created by gamers diverge from this background story.
The game dynamics in PeG are essentially the same as those in PG2and SSI's earlier Generals games:
- The playing pieces are military units which have varied attack, defense and other characteristics.
- Play is turn based with unit purchase, deployment, movement and combat occurring throughout each player's turn.
- Game play takes place on maps with different types of terrain which affect each unit's attack, defense, movement, supply, spotting results & entrenchment. People's General for PC.
- Units can be damaged or destroyed from combat but can also increase their experience as a result of combat.
- Prestige points are used to purchase or upgrade units; prestige points are distributed at the beginning of scenarios and during game play.
Some specifics have been changed though so PeG's dynamics are not exactly the same as those of the others.
PeG includes many new or improved features compared to PG2 and the earlier Five Star General games:
- Attachments which modify attack, defense, supply, movement & spotting capabilities can be assigned to units.
- A strategic air mission system provides various forms of air support independent of core and auxiliary units.
- «Trigger hexes» provide random increases in unit experience, air missions, prestige and other resources.
- Veteran & elite units can be purchased with higher levels of experience.
- Helicopters have been added as a new equipment class.
- Three new terrain types have been added.
- New types of special equipment have been added and a unit's special equipment is now indicated on the unit display;
- An alliance system has been added which allows purchase of units from any allied country.
- PeG's graphics are 16 bit (65,536 colors), while PG2 uses 8 bit graphics (256 colors) so icons and maps are richer looking. People's General Download Torrent.
People's General Free Download PC Game
Click on below button to start People's General Download Free PC Game. It is a Full Version PC Game. Just download torrent and start playing it.