Dark Fall Full PC Game
|Official Name||Dark Fall|
|Developer (s)||XXv Productions|
|Publisher (s)||XXv Productions (UK)|
|Designer (s)||Jonathan Boakes|
|Platform (s)||Microsoft Windows, PC|
|Release date (s)||June 1, 2002|
|Genre (s)||First-person adventure|
Dark Fall Full PC Game Overview
Dark Fall Download Free Full Game is a 2002 first-person horror/adventure game developed and independently published in the UK by XXv Productions for Microsoft Windows. It was released worldwide (and re-released in the UK) by The Adventure Company in 2003 with the title Dark Fall: The Journal.
An indirect sequel, Dark Fall II: Lights Out, was released in August, 2004. A third game, Dark Fall: Lost Souls, set in the same location as the first game, and featuring several of the same characters, was released in November, 2009.
Dark Fall uses a simple point-and-click interface to move the player around and manipulate the environment. The player has a basic inventory which — due to the game's puzzle-based nature — only ever holds a few items. The player spends most of the game solving the numerous puzzles (such as translating an encrypted message, or opening a puzzle box to find a myriad of symbols, the use for which eventually becomes apparent). Dark Fall Free Download.
Unlike most modern adventure games, Dark Fall does not keep note of any information or clues which the player comes across during the game, effectively forcing the player to keep track of every puzzle or detail themselves.
The game opens with the player (who remains unnamed throughout) listening to an answering machine message from their brother, Pete Crowhurst. He is currently working on the redevelopment of an old abandoned train station and hotel and he pleads for the player to come to the station in Dowerton, Dorset because something is very wrong. He mentions that he is working with two ghost hunters, and that although he didn't used to believe in ghosts he does now. He then says «it» is outside the door, whispering his name, and he feels compelled to let it in. We hear a door opening, the message then ends, and the player heads to Dowerton. Dark Fall Free Download PC Game.
The player travels by train and falls asleep. He awakens in a train tunnel where the voice of a young boy tells him that although the player can't see him, the boy can see the player. The boy guides him to the station, telling him he has lived in the area «since 41», and tells him where to find him should he need help, mentioning that «it» doesn't know they're talking yet, but soon will. The player soon finds Pete's things and discovers that Pete had begun to hear the voice of a boy in the nearby train tunnel and a strange whistling sound on the platform, as if a train was coming. He also talks about Nigel and Polly, the two ghost hunters. As the player explores the hotel, he discovers information about why it was originally closed; its reputation never recovered from the «events» of 1947. The player also finds a note about the disappearance of an eleven-year-old boy, Timothy Pike, from the nearby village, who it is thought may have wandered into the train tunnel. The player then gets a phone call from Nigel, who tells him that they haven't much time as «it» knows they're talking. He tells the player that he must get into Nigel and Polly's room and access their research. As the player explores the hotel, he finds a cave under a barn, in which he hears a mysterious singing, and sees a strange symbol carved on a rock.
The player slowly learns that on the night of April 29, 1947, the guests and staff of the hotel vanished without a trace, and they, amongst others, haunt the location. As the game progresses, the player encounters numerous ghosts, who tell him that he needs to find twelve symbols, although he must be careful because «it» knows what he is doing and will try to stop him. These ghosts include;
- Tom Oliver; a 17th-century English Civil War soldier, who was betrayed by his friend Will and disappeared in the cellar of the original inn that existed prior to the building of the hotel.
- Timothy Pike; an 11-year-old boy who disappeared while playing in the train tunnels.
- George Crabtree; the mysterious owner of the hotel at the time of the disappearances in 1947. He was suspected of having murdered the others and fled the scene. As the player explores the hotel, he learns that Crabtree knew about the evil in the station and was trying to combat it by using the twelve symbols to recite an ancient incantation. Each symbol was on a piece of vellum, which he distributed amongst the hotel staff and guests. However, most of them thought he was mad. He too had seen the cave under the barn, and had discovered that the symbol on the rock signified imprisonment, with the carving dating from the 3rd century BC. Dark Fall for PC.
- Edith Penfold; the hostess of the hotel.
- Betty Penfold; Edith's daughter, who played music for the guests at the hotel. She was in love with Thomas Callum, a local boy.
- Matilda Fly; an actress who was laughed out of the Empire Theatre, and spent her final days at the Station Hotel lamenting her failed acting career (her character returns in Lost Souls).
- Gloria Grable; a mysterious character who spent some time at the hotel. It is revealed that she is in fact a bank robber. Her secret is discovered by Fly, who proceeds to blackmail her (her character returns in Lost Souls).
- Andrew Verney; an amateur astronomer, with a gentle, inquisitive nature. A regular guest at the hotel (his character returns in Lost Souls).
- Thomas Callum; a local farm boy in love with Betty Penfold, he also was one of the people who disappeared. To the outside world, however, he was not connected to the hotel, as no one knew he was there at the time.
- Arther; George Crabtree's closest friend. Unlike the others, he did not vanish, but was killed in World War II.
- Polly White; one of the ghost hunters working in the hotel at the time of Pete's arrival (her character returns in Dark Fall II: Lights Out).
- Nigel Danvers; Polly's ghost hunting partner (his character returns in The Lost Crown: A Ghost-Hunting Adventure).
- Pete Crowhurst; the player's brother, an architecture working to redevelop the station and hotel.
The player eventually discovers that «it» is known as the Dark Fall, and that everyone in the hotel, including Pete, Polly and Nigel have been taken by it. The Dark Fall was accidentally released by Crabtree and Arther while they were in the cellar trying to solve the Tom Oliver mystery. They had discovered that the foundations to the building dated back hundreds of years, and found an antechamber, accidentally releasing a «godless power». They were working to decode the vellum symbols when Arther decided to enlist in the army. After he was killed, Crabtree continued to study how to re-trap the Dark Fall, despite it calling to him every night. In a journal entry dated April 29, 1947, he revealed he was ready to use the symbols to recite the incantation that very night, which would re-imprison the Dark Fall.
The player also finds Polly's journal, which reveals that she too had encountered the Dark Fall, which she describes as «pure dark energy.» She hears it knocking at her door, calling her name. She reveals that Nigel has disappeared and she has heard knocking at her door. After the knocking stops, she decides to open the door. This is her last journal entry.
The player eventually finds his way into the antechamber and discovers the final journal entries of Crabtree, who speculates that the Dark Fall may be connected to the Norse god Odin, who appointed a creature to stand guard over the souls of the dead. He has come to believe that the Dark Fall feeds from the pain of the souls it has trapped. In his final entry he acknowledges that he must destroy it, but admits he may be incapable of doing so.
The player then enters the centre chamber and hears the voices of the trapped souls. He recites the incantation and the Dark Fall disappears. The souls are then released. Timothy remains behind to thank the player and to tell him that things may not have turned out as he thinks. The game then cuts back to the opening scene, as the player receives a message from Pete. In the message, Pete begins by saying he has something very important to tell his brother, but then forgets why he rang, and tells the player that he will be home shortly, when they can have a drink together. Dark Fall Download Torrent.
Dark Fall Free Download PC Game
Click on below button to start Dark Fall Download Free PC Game. It is a Full Version PC Game. Just download torrent and start playing it.